Thursday, October 16, 2008

Saturday Mornings

Boy do I love my weekends! I pulled my waffle maker out a few weeks ago and it seems to be the thing I do on Saturday mornings. Yesterday, I went to make waffles and didn't have any eggs for the batter. YIKES. I called our friends Jared & Jess a few doors down and invited them over for waffles, if they brought the eggs. No response from them, so I sent Mo to the store. As he is pulling in the driveway with our breakfast necessities, Jess calls back. I told her Mo just returned but to still come over for breakfast. How impromptu of me and them!! It wasn't that nice of a breakfast, (nothing my dear friend Mel would cater) but it was yummy! The menu consisted of: waffles of your choice, blueberry, banana, cinnamon or plain, kiwi fruit, bananas, lemon bars, oj and coffee. Let's not forget the sprinkles for your waffles if you are Reece and Raine. All in all a meal that fattened the best of us, which in turn lead Jared to the couch with Reece for some serious TMNT cartoon time! So much fun for Reece!


It was now 10 am and the kids had to get to their tumbling classes. Not to be rude to my breakfast guests, (they were heading to a birthday party soon anyway) but I asked them to be on their way, that we had some forward rolls to do! Raine was a few minutes late for her class but that is probably better since she isn't really fond of acting like an animals, crawling up and down the mat. She is all about the wedge and bar.

No comments: