Saturday, August 02, 2008

August Already :(

I can't believe it's August! While on our 5 week road trip vacation time went rather slow. Now that I am home the days are flying by and I don't feel like I've done very much at all. My friend had her baby so I brought them dinner and loved on their beautiful baby girl. I went back a few days later and borrowed her other two girls for a morning of swimming. I purged 5 bags of clothes from our newly organized closet and 3 boxes of clutter from our home. I finished my 3rd book this summer. I bought the kids their birthday presents from Target and Borders. I restocked our fridge and pantry with food. I watched 2 movies, read lots of bloggs and emails.

But the best thing I have done since I've been home is play with my kids! It's been awesome playing with Raine. We are working on her colors and shapes. Her vocabulary is improving and she is speaking more clearly. She just started to say YEAH, when she wants something. If I ask her if she wants a drink she'll say YEEEAHH. It's a nice change from her saying NO all the time. She still says MINE a lot though. Raine is finally sitting still while we read books and really becoming interested in them. She still obsesses over Elmo but has grown very found of Monk Monk aka Curious George. Raine was very excited when her brother came home. Yesterday the two of them were playing dress up with their old Halloween costumes. Reece was Spiderman and Raine was Tigger. It was hilarious!

I love being home with my kids, as much as they drive me crazy they sure do crack me up! Only 16 more days of summer for this teacher. BOO HOO!

1 comment:

shontell said...

YAH you NEVER came to see me. siiiiiiiiiiigh.