Saturday, April 21, 2007

Why I live for Saturday

If only everyday were a Saturday! It is 12:13 pm and both of my kids are in their rooms. I can hear Reece talking and every 5 minutes I have to go in and check on him, but soon enough he'll conk out for a good 2 hours. (crossing my fingers)

At 6:30 am my son crawled into my bed and said he wanted to sleep with me. Mo left at 4 am to chaperon a trip to Magic Mountain, so there was plenty of room for Reece, King of Wiggles. We'll he plopped his head right next to mine and smiled ear to ear. He said, "I love you Mama." Yes I had was no longer mad that he woke me so early on a Saturday! I said, "I love you too baby! Now let's rest it's not time to get up yet." He lasted about 5 minutes and said, "I wanna watch Little Einsteins mama, come on lets get up!" I looked at the clock, 6:42 on Saturday. I threw on my robe and headed straight for the coffee pot, that is after I plopped my kid in front of the TV.

Since that unGodly hour I have :
*stripped the beds washed the sheets and remade the beds with fresh clean sheets
*folded 2 others loads of laundry that my husband left in the basket on the dryer. Yes, at least they are clean!
*fed the animals (fish, turtle and dog) and kidlets
*sorted 103 pictures that came in the mail yesterday
*played Peter Pan with my son and crawled on the floor with my daughter
*hung 5 frames that have been hiding in my scrap closet since we moved in 2 years ago
*hung a few things up in Raine's Room
*cleaned up toys in all rooms
*sorted through piles of mail and magazines, purged several
*chatted on the phone with my lil bro
*sat at the table and ate a hot meal for lunch ALL BY MYSELF!

I still have quite the long list of errands to run, but my children need to be well rested for that one! I really hope to make it to the mall to return some things and check out a sale. We'll see, as for now I am pretty happy with the morning's accomplishments. See why I need to work from my home next fall. God is proving I CAN be productive with two lil ones at home!

No comments: