Saturday, April 14, 2007

Saturday at the Hauguel household...


Somebody said you can't love the second child as much as you love the first ....

somebody doesn't have two children.



Boy is this so true! My girlfriend sent me this great email about Motherhood and this was one of my favorite parts. Reece is 31 months and Raine is 7 months. Today was one of the better days a mother could have with her kiddos.


We went and watched Noah Dahir play football. Reece and his Daddy were so cute on the sidelines. Pa Pere taught Reece how to do Down, Set, Hut. It is so adorable. Just ask Melissa and Erin they were enjoying it also. Raine loved sitting on her daddy' s lap eating his keys. Then we headed home to eat lunch and take naps. We wanted to go hiking but the little ones needed their rest and daddy wanted to finish some gardening in the backyard.

Have I mentioned what a great landscaper my hubby is. Once again, ask Mel. Mo takes care of her roses. (stop thinking like that, she is not Gabby the desperate housewife!)


Anyway, while the kids slept I uploaded pictures and Blogged! (as you can read, by all the crazy entries today!) Reece woke up first, so we played with his trains. When Raine woke up, we all headed outside to watch the gardener do his thing. Plus I had to make sure I agreed with the additions and their placements. I do! I'll post some pics of my fantastic backyard when I get to Sam's and make a CD of all the pictures that are on thememory card right now! Add it to the list of errands I need to run.


During our picnic my daughter could not get enough of me. She would crawl over to me and pull herself up. Once standing up she would get so excited screeching and slapping. She was so proud of herself. It was so much fun. She continually tried to eat Reece's peanut butter crackers. At one point I was helping Mo with the flowers and she had a huge cracker in her mouth. I told Mo to look and if I didn't snatch that thing away she probably would of inhaled it! Did I mention that at the doctor yesterday she weighed in at 22lbs. Yes, my little butterball is the happiest baby on earth!

We had a ball playing outside but it was nearing the start of the Sabers game so I brought the kiddos in. I put a diaper on Reece since he was going commando all day long. He went potty 3 or 4 times this afternoon. I was so proud of him! He climbed up on my bed to watch Peter Pan; his latest favorite movie. Reece was in the bedroom and almost watched the entire movie, that rarely happens! I fed Raine a small snack and layed her down for a nap.


AHHH my turn to relax with a delicious Blue Moon and the Buffalo Sabers. During the second intermission my hubby grilled and we all ate a great dinner. I finished watching the game while bathing my daughter. Yes she can sit up on her own in the big bath tub. She loves to splash & crawl around! I was watching her, I promise. I could see the TV from the toilet I was sitting on. Plus I had it up really loud so I wouldn't have to look unless the Sabers scored and that didn't happen, hence the loss. All in all a wonderful Saturday with the family.


Now while my three children sleep peacefully in their beds, yes Mo my eldest is already fast asleep; I will retire to the couch to catch up on my dvr, Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives. Which shall I watch first?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh Joelle, your kiddos are too cute! I swear Reece is a mini-Mo. Speaking of Mo...can he come tend my garden too? I have a black thumb. Heehee!! Love ya!