Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Mini-Vaca for mommy

My dear girlfriend Julie reserved 8 or so rooms at the CasaBlanca hotel in Mesquite, NV. Teachers get to stay free for two nights during the summer so she and her 11 bunco playing friends took advantage of it. I was just a tag a long, who wanted to get away from the boys in my life.

The fist night here I had dinner with all 12 of the ladies and then retired to my room for the night. I was able to create 12 cards and watch TV while doing so. I feel asleep at 10:00 and had two beds all to myself. I was up a lot going to the bathroom. No heartburn though since I was smart and stopping eating and drinking at 6:00pm. I was still up at 6:30 am my brain racing. I vowed not to get up to sleep until 9 am.

Finally pulled myself out of bed at 9:42 am and slowly made my way down to the Starbucks for breakfast. What a sweet treat. After enjoying my tasty breakfast while watching The View, I paint a few crafts that have been needing completion since June.

I patiently await the arrival of my boys who I invited up to enjoy this gorgeous pool I was admiring out of my hotel room window. Why did you go away with out your husband and son and then call them and tell them to come up here and go swimming you ask? Well, because I’m a sucker. I felt so guilty. I knew that Reece and Mo would love hanging out in this pool. And they did.

Too bad Mo had such a horrible morning before making his way an hour north of Las Vegas; so much for trying to plan a nice family day. Once the two of them hit the water all the badness of the morning seemed to melt away in the sunshine. Around 3pm we brought Reece upstairs for a nap. He was asleep within the first 5 minutes of us finding some cartoons on the TV and getting him some milk to drink. He woke up and hour and half later and we ordered pizza for dinner. Mo & Reece headed back home around 7pm and I was back to relaxing all by myself for the night.

Pictures of our family day by the CasaBlanca pool will have to come later, blogger isn't cooperating, surprise :(

No comments: