Friday, June 02, 2006

I can't believe it's over

I'm so bummed! I was really looking forward to watching the Buffalo Sabers skate for the Stanley Cup. I have been watching faithfully every other day to see them battle it out with Carolina. Last night they came from a behind to put some points on the board right at the end of the second period. The third period was quite a stressful one, hoping they would hold onto the 2-1 lead. No luck, Carolina tied it up and with just minutes left scored again. Our guys must have been pretty devastated. I was! The days of rushing home from school to get Reece and pump him up for watching hockey on the TV with Mama are over. What a shame. Reece learned a few key words from the playoffs like: "Let's Go Buffalo", "Go Sabers", "Come on guys", "skate, skate", "Milleerrrrrr" and of course "Crap" and "Sh*t". I kept trying to stop myself but those last two goals really mad me angry! He is also a pro at saying his favorite "Oh Man".
On a side note, did I mention he is quite the talker. He picks up everything we say. He seems to be a pretty smart 20 month old. Not sure where that came from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smart baby? Must be from the moms side seeing as how highly intelligent her sister is;)