Sunday, November 06, 2005

Sunday Morning

What a great Sunday morning I'm having! My son woke at 5:30 am YiKES! I bring him into my bed to cuddle and sleep some more. (Oh Mo is at the hump and bump.) He stays put until about 6:30. Then I let him watch Disney and run a muck with the basket of toys in my bed room. He gets bored and figures out how to pull down the door handle and escape the confines of my bed room. What a smart little guy. Then he tests he new skill on some other doors. He quietly figures out how to open the pantry. He thinks Dublin is outside and he proceeds to get her a cookie from the box on the floor of the pantry. Then all of sudden I hear him yelling DOGGIE, DOGGIE and then I hear the banging of the dog biscuit on the glass sliding door. I guess I better get up before bottle of pasta sauce end up on my kitchen floor. As I am pulling myself out of bed Reece walks into my bedroom with the dog biscuit in his mouth. Oh the JOYS of motherhood!! I fed him his usual banana and milk for breakfast while making a pot of coffee. I figured I would need it since I've been half awake since 5:30. Reece and I read some books and then he went back to bed. I tried but the smell of the coffee was killing me, I needed it now! So here I sit typing this great story to my friends with my coffee and cinnamon raisin bagel. Keith Urban plays in the background while a quiet 13 month old sleeps soundly! This has to be the best Sunday morning in a long time! God is good. He knows I may not make it church this morning. So he has provided my own sanctuary here in my home. I just thought I would share.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

so cool jo :)
thanks for sharing your blog! i've bookmarked it!

Laura said...

Oh man I live for days like that... where for whatever reason, stuff just *clicks* and you feel that total contentment! Love it!!
Loving the blog design, Jo! I need to start one... Texas life is a whole 'nother world! :)
-L

shontell said...

your son is so cutie. we miss him big.
and i would watch it. you sound a little too comfortable- that is just when God swoops in and gives you another! BAM

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha
that sounds like a fun morning. I wish is how all my sunday mornings were