Saturday, October 09, 2010

Reece's First Field Trip





Reece was extremely excited today; he went on his very first field trip. The first graders from James Bilbray ES go to Anderson Dairy. When I taught the little first grade kiddos I took my class there too. Reece was more excited about his first school bus ride than the dairy. Then I reminded him about the delicious ice cream he was going to be able to eat while at the dairy and he became a little more interested. I was able to attend the trip as a parent chaperone. It would have been neat to see Reece on the school bus but there wasn’t enough room for parents. The students walked into the barn and learned a little bit about the dairy. Then they were allowed to go on a walking tour around the factory; checking out all of the machines and food products. The last part of the tour was the frozen section where they make the ice cream. The kids loved walking through the dry ice. I think I had a smile on my face the entire time because 6 yr olds are so stinking funny! I had an excellent time being a parent volunteer for the morning.

No comments: