Saturday, September 13, 2008

Back to work :(

I have been back to work now for a three weeks and it seems like things are in 5th gear. I felt like I was drowning the first few weeks but now I'm just swimming upstream against the current. One day soon I hope to be floating on a raft with the warm breezes blowing by.

I have returned to my first love, 5th graders! They are so fun. I teach 2 blocks of language arts. My schedule is so sweet. I come to work, walk my kids in, take attendance and walk them to their special (art, music, pe or library). While they are at specials I have 50 minutes to figure out my day. At 10:10 the chaos begins. I teach one class of 27 5th graders reading and writing. At 12:10, I take them to lunch and go back to pick them up at 12:40. From 12:40 to 1:20 I teach a small group of kids an extra reading lesson. At 1:20 the second batch of 27 5th graders get their reading & writing lesson. Then it is time to go home! My day flies by so fast!

All in all, school is going really well. I am so happy to be back with those big kids. Plus, I get to teach the subject I love the most, READING!

No comments: